High Quality National and International Brands at High Value Prices
Harris Scarfe is an Australian chain with deep historical roots in retail history. The premier catalogue, known for its discounts on high-quality brands, is one of Australia’s oldest known retailers, with a storefront presence dating back 160 years. It all started in Adelaide, South Australia in 1849, when Harris Scarfe opened its first storefront amid many successful retailers during a retail boom period, named Leo. P. Harris Scarfe & Co. The business continue to open new branches, and in 1920, the company was rebranded to Harris Scarfe, the name we all know it as today. Of those retailers it stood beside, Harris Scarfe managed to do the nearly impossible: the retailer outlived them all.
Today, Harris Scarfe the only original retailer remaining in Adelaide from that time period, and the store is known for high-quality brands and discounts to millions of customers who shop at its chain of stores across Australia. There are currently 50 retail stores in existence, as well as the paper and online catalogues.
Harris Scarfe Catalogue
If you’re not familiar with Harris Scarfe, their brick and mortar storefronts have two divisions. The Harris Scarfe department stores sell a bit of everything from homewares to fashion. The HS Home stores specialize in homewares and household appliances. The catalog component of Harris Scarfe is relatively young, launched a little over sixteen years ago. The successful chain is one of Australia’s largest discounters, offering a range of homewares, branded goods, and small appliances along with women’s, men’s and children’s wear and accessories.
Harris Scarfe itself also has its own line of exclusive, Australian brands, however, they also carry high-quality brands from a variety of national and international retailers. Harris Scarfe prides itself on providing quality branded products at exceptional, special discount prices.
Discount Prices On National Brands at Harris Scarfe
As a department store, Harris Scarfe sells a bit of something for everyone, and they often have special promotions, discounts, and exclusive sales on these brands. Unlike other retailers, Harris Scarfe only sells branded merchandise because they prefer to stock merchandise with a reputation for high quality and value. In recent years, the catalogue has narrowed their focus, concentrating on fashion, homewares and linens. Many of the products they carry are native to Australia or are well-known national brands.
Here are a few of the brands you can expect to find on sale and featured in special promotions:
- Linen House: Linen House is an Australian owned family business founded in Melbourne, Australia in 1993. The brand has become quite popular since then and specialises in creating fashionable homeware products to suit all tastes and personalities.
- Circulon: Known as a popular staple among chefs and food professionals, Circulon’s non-stick cookware sets the standard in the industry. The brand has been helping Australians – and fans worldwide — cook healthy, delicious and nutritious meals since 1985. Circulon’s unique circle patterns help prolong the life of their non-stick surfaces, and they come with a lifetime guarantee. In addition to their hard-anodised cookware, they also manufacture non-stick stainless steel, coloured non-stick cookware, cooking utensils and other kitchen tools.
- Tontine is Australia’s largest manufacturer of Pillows and Doonas®. The brand is native to Australia and dates back fifty-odd years. Known for Australia’s first and only date stamped pillow, Tontine helps Australians sleep more comfortably and soundly.
- Tefal sells a large range of fine cookware and kitchenware products. A budding chef could fall in love with their growing line of utensils, pots and pans, and cooking tools.
- Maxwell & Williams sells a full spectrum of affordable, high quality designer homewares, offering function and fashion for every home. Save big on decorating or re-decorating your family room!
- Bonds, Australia’s #1 manufacturer of comfortable stylish, clothing, sleepwear and under clothes, celebrated 100 years of doing business in 2015, which has led the way to many fun online specials and promotions in celebration. Their clothing line is known to be sturdy, comfortable, fun and fashionable.
- Berlei offers the very best in lingerie, shape wear, hosiery and high-performance sports bras. (Their sports bras are famous for their popularity with Serena Williams as well as England and Great Britain hockey players.)
- “Simply Vera Wang” fashion is available to fashion-savvy Australians exclusively through Harris Scarfe. This high-style clothing, homewares and accessory line is quite popular and customers get great prices along with great value through Harris Scarfe’s exclusive partnership with the brand.
- Adidas and Puma will appeal to the athlete in any family, especially at savings like the ones Harris Scarfe manages to pull off. The catalogue carries not only the shoe lines, but also athletic wear; high-impact sports clothing, bras, and athletic equipment, all at great prices and savings.
Harris Scarfe recently appointed home fashion consultant Louise Pillidge, best known from her stint on f the 2014 season of The Bachelor, to become a fashion and home ambassador. A self-proclaimed foodie, Louise has often been spotted at stores engaging in cooking demonstrations and teaching workshops on delicious, healthy cooking.
Save Money Using Your Harris Scarfe Card
If you sign up to get a Harris Scarfe credit card, you’ll get exclusive invites to money saving events, member-only specials and bonus offers like ‘Reward Dollars’. It works like this: Value Plus Gold card holders always save an extra 5-10% off catalogue merchandise, even if the item they are buying is already discounted.
Membership certainly has its privileges; on top of the special cash savings, Harris Scarfe card members also get an added benefit of special coupons and deals. Members also are privy to a special, extra one-year warranty on all electrical purchases made with their Value Plus card. This means if you’re worried about making a big purchase like a home entertainment system, you can breathe ease; if you buy using your Harris Scarfe Card, you’ll be extending the allowed return and exchange time by an extra twelve months.
Of course, Harris Scarfe also offers limited-time promotions, online coupons, and catalogue deals to all of their customers. You simply need to be a savvy customer and keep on the lookout for special sales and other savings.